Thursday, February 08, 2007

Love it Love it Love it.


According to Popbitch:

Fresh from masterminding David Beckham's
lucrative move to America, Simon Fuller
is turning his hand to another important
project, Spice Girls - the Musical.
Seeing the success of Dreamgirls, Fuller
and his scriptwriter brother Kim are busy
constructing the Spice Girls' story
as a musical movie. Really.


That would be soooooooooooo amazingly bad/brilliant.

As for Dreamgirls:



I liked it a lot, but it was disrupted for me by people in the cinema who seemed surprised to see people bursting into song in a musical...Who'da thunk it?

I thought Jennifer Hudson was amazing, Beyonce was ok...Eddie Murphy was brilliant! I don't understand why he keeps making those shitty "how many fat characters can I play at once" movies.

Also, the movie should be remembered for supplying the gayest movie scene since Shortbus, Beyonce singing disco, surrounded by rainbow lights and dancing boys. Anyone else spot it?

2 comments:

me said...

hate beyonce. sorry but like j-lo i don't think she has ONE redeeming feature.

as for the spice girls, i mistakingly told my (then0 young niece that i would one day take her to see them. lo and behold they tour! me and a mate went, and you know what, once you got past the ten thousand whitles and screaming prepubesent girls, it wasn't too bad! and they could sing. kind of!

Cynnie said...

I liked the spice girls..it was catchy..what more do you want ?

I dont like Beyonce..she's just same ole' same ole..