Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Anne is not such a goodie two shoes after all!



In an interview with the Times in which Anne Hathaway uses a lot of big words, she also maintains:

“You know, Lindsay and I have a lot more in common than people think. We’ve all done things we shouldn’t, it’s just I did stuff at college, when nobody knew about it, so I’m not a saint. There’s no moral superiority there. Lindsay’s a nice girl, I like her a lot, and she’s a great actor, but there’s a fascination about her lifestyle that distracts from her talents. I just hope she finds some comfort in the way she chooses to live. I wasted time doing self-destructive things, but it didn’t work. I found you can only dance on so many table tops. I got all that out of my system, and now I’m healthy and I’m grounded.”

Re-heeeally. And yet...

The other influence in her transformation is — surprisingly — Hollywood’s baddest good girl, Angelina Jolie, who inspired her to jump aboard the celebrity charity train and become involved in work in Cambodia and Nicaragua. “I just love Angie’s fearlessness, her provocativeness. Before I met her, I was in this mindset where everybody hated me, and I hated me, and everything was too much. She made me see how silly I was, how I couldn’t just sit on my ass.”

Oh blah blah blah. Isn't Angelina wonderful. Pph. Meh. And other nonplussed expressions. I have to say - I want to like Anne Hathaway (mostly because I saw her in Office on Grafton St. when she was filming here and she looked lovely and was wearing gorgeous Cavalli sunglasses), but something is holding me back. Hmmm. Maybe its her perfect relationship:

She dates the time of her turnaround from navel-gazer to Pollyanna to three years ago, when she met her boyfriend, the Italian property developer Raffaello Follieri. “He’s brought out so many positive attributes I never had before,” she gushes. “Before I met him, I wasted so much time. I was just annoying and narcissistic, and smelt bad. He’s protective without being possessive, passionate without needing to show his temper. I’m sorry, I know I sound insipid.”

Oh yeah...isn't life wonderful.

Boo. You can find the rest of the interview here

1 comment:

me said...

i actually read this. and my first thought was "why are you telling us this?" that said it wasn't a bad read. and took up a few moments of a dull sunday afternoon!