Friday, July 28, 2006

How do you solve a problem like a diva?

Scarlett Johannson's camp is denying claims that their diva-like demands prevented the Reebok (I'm still not over that) model/designer's appearance in Andrew Lloyd Webber's new production of The Sound of Music in the West End.



According to Andrew she was so interested she "gave an impromptu rendition of songs from the hit movie in front of a restaurant full of people to prove her singing credentials and obsession with the musical." Broadwayworld.com is reporting that her management teams demands were just too much and therefore the upcoming BBC programme to find a Maria was spawned.

I don't think Scarlett has it in her to be a diva, if she was willing to sing showtunes in a random restaurant I think she deserves a bit more credit than that. And as for the programme, I've yet to decide whether I like the idea. I loved Musicality and I have a glimmer of hope that it will be similar...but it sounds more like another Pop Idol rip-off, which I'm SO not into.

No comments: