Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Philosophical Moment


Well, about as philosophical as this blog is going to get anyway.

My sister and I were sitting together on the couch today watching reality TV and reading gossip magazines (what better way to spend a Sunday I ask??), and she mused "I'm glad I'm not a celebrity, imagine if every bad embarrassing drunken moment you had was shown to everyone you know?"

Now. Obviously I have had this thought before. I couldn't possibly live the obsessive life I live and put together this kind of blog without thinking these thoughts. But today it resonated particularly strongly with me.

"Yes," I replied, "Imagine. If I was a celebrity all the papers and websites today would be reporting on the fact that I walked around a bar last night carrying a My Little Pony, making it trot up and down random strangers' bodies, forcing the barman to acknowledge My Little Pony before I ordered my drink and occasionally putting it between my breasts...if I read that about Britney I would be writing about it on my blog and saying she needs to be locked up."

After her laughted subsided (and I swear to you that account is no exaggeration of last night's behaviour), she sighed in agreement.

I wondered if maybe I should have a slightly increased level of sympathy in my judgement of celebs.

For a second.

Then I thought - NAH! Happy Sunday peeps! Hope your hangovers aren't treating you too badly. its judgement time! x

3 comments:

Deb said...

Geez, I couldn't imagine me in the tabloids, currently there would be a yawn, as I'm not flitting here and there to parties - and I don't sniff cocaine, but my Mr. Peanut figure may be chatted about. Once again, loved your article and humor.

Deb
http://toiletpaper56.blogspot.com

me said...

"and occasionally putting it between my breasts"

bu, bu, bu....you got pictures of that?
you make brittney look sane!

Cynnie said...

cappy you horndog.

i totally understand dear..
I'm the reason no one in my family can ever run for public office..