Tuesday, August 15, 2006

MADONNA



Well. It finally came. The concert I had been waiting for. The concert I had spent a fortune on. The concert I had travelled 291 miles for. The concert I had braved Heathrow at the height of the mayhem for.

And...you guessed it. An anticlimax.

To put it into a bit of perspective, the last time I saw Madonna I was in the pit at Slane Castle, and could see her wrinkles I had such a good view, so this was bound to be a different experience. And while the shit view I had was a contributory factor to my disappointment the actual performance was lacking too.

It wasn't as theatrical or impressive as the Reinvention tour, and had far too many leotards for my liking. Having said that, the woman is pretty hot. So to my friend Senor Sugar (a close acquaintance of the homosexual persuasion) who asked me "....why is it that I'm so tired of Madonnas half centurys old minge being paraded around like its something worth hopping on?" the answer is - because she just ain't your type. That is one flexible half century old minge-and she writhes with the best of them. She's still sexy, and if I was of that persuasion I would be happy to "hop on".

A slowed down Substitute for Love was good. And the initial rush of excitement when she appeared on the stage in her disco ball. But other than that? A complete let down.

P.S. This is obviously just my opinion, my companion had a grrreat time. So if you're going don't let this ruin it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First things first I love the Blog Louise- I read it first thing every morning to get my day off to an informed yet tickled start.

But seriously regarding Madges fifty year old flexi-minge, I still say she should just stop sticking it into every passing camera lens, it might be in good shape but it still has too many miles on the clock. I can't look at it anymore, its just plain wrong..I say put it away, its had its day.