Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hmm.


The Chicago Sun-Times (a paper I like and read when I used to live there FYI) is reporting on Vince Vaughn's purchase of a massive $9 million penthouse off Michigan Avenue (which I'm more than a little jealous of...Chicago is possibly my favourite city in the world, bar my lovely Dublin of course). However...thats not why I'm blogging on this.

Here is what the Sun-Times had to say:

""Vaughn was in town a little over a week ago checking out the penthouse with a decorator," said a top Sneed source. "He wanted things sleek, but he wanted things large."

Vaughn was in and out in a matter of hours during the visit, dressed in jeans and a big smile. He had just returned from Northern Ireland, where he was filming a documentary on the neighborhoods in war-torn Belfast."

"WAR-TORN"?? I think thats a bit much. Baghdad is war-torn:



Belfast is not:



The people of Belfast have been through a lot and have come a LONG way to change the image of their city, references like the Sun-Times' do nothing to help the cause. Boo.

No comments: