Monday, September 04, 2006

Steve Irwin RIP.



Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter has died while filming underwater off the coast of Australia. Steve was 44 and was filming a series called "Ocean's Deadliest" when he swam too close to a stingray, which have a poisonous bard on their tails.

His friend and collegue John Stanton was on board Steve's boat the Croc One and said "He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart."

This is so sad. Steve leaves behind him his wife and two kids and who knows how many crocodiles. I really wish them the very best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so sad to hear this. I feel I knew him personally! No doubt if he could respond to the stingray he'd say something along the lines of 'No worries mate. You beauty!'.
I'll miss him.