Monday, May 14, 2007

I fell at the first hurdle...


Well. I know. I didn't post yesterday. To be honest it was a bit of a manic day in the Louise house as my little sister was making her First Holy Communion (which shall henceforth be known as FHC) and I can not tell you the untold amounts of stress this creates in an Irish household. First, theres the dress. Now this was relatively simple as it was the same dress my middle sister wore. There's the hair - which always falls to me. Then theres what to do for the day? Do you call everyone you've ever met so that they can all come over to your house and shower the child with cash (thats what its all about you know...)? Or do you just just whip the child off to McDonalds and tell them they're lucky to get anything at all, children in the third world etc. etc.? Well, in our case the aforementioned kitchen hell prevented us from having a shindig (a lucky escape as far as I'm concerned) so we went to a hotel. We went to a hotel 10 minutes from our house. In a hellhole. It was wonderful I assure you. We went bowling. We swam. We played charades. We walked for an hour in search of a half-decent restaurant and ended up at McDonalds. I was reaquainted with everything my brother used to do when we were small that meant we always killed each other. Oh it was a rockin' good time. Anywho - I'm back, so on with the showbiz!!

No comments: